OGC makes every effort to ensure that the Website is accessible 24 hours a day. However, OGC will not be liable if‚ for any reason‚ the Website is unavailable or if the connection is interrupted or faulty.
QUALITY OF INFORMATION DISSEMINATED AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
OGC will do everything in its power to secure the quality of information disseminated through the Website. However, OGC does not fully guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the data due to the great volume and the particular characteristics of the data contained on the Website. The Website provides information and data on an “as is” basis; therefore OGC will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss which may arise from information that is inaccurate or incomplete. In addition, OGC is not responsible for any violation of intellectual property rights or other third party rights concerning information or material illegally/unethically posted on the Website or posted by unauthorized natural persons or entities. OGC, its executives, employees, and subcontractors decline any and all liability for any loss (direct or indirect) that may arise as a result of your access, use, or inability to use the Website. OGC reserves the right, at its discretion: i) to make alterations to the Website from time to time, without prior notice, even if the access to the Website is temporarily interrupted and ii) to disable access to the Website, either wholly or in part, and/or to remove any archive, element or information contained on the Website. All the above limitations of liability apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. Responsibility for the content of linked websites lies exclusively with the respective provider or operator of the respective sites. Hence, the editors expressly make no claim to ownership of any “third-party content”. Liability for damage caused by the use or non-use of websites lies exclusively with the provider or the respectively linked website. As soon as the editors learn of any violations of the law, they will remove such links forthwith. Please advise us if you find that the referral or its link is incorrect, not up-to-date, or is otherwise objectionable. Links that refer to the content of the website may only be placed with the advance permission of the editors.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to external websites operated by third parties. OGC does not have control over these websites and therefore is not responsible for the availability, content, advertisements, goods, services, or any other material contained on or available through external websites.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter the “Policy”) sets out the conditions under which the Open Geospatial Consortium Europe (OGC), registered at Technologielaan 3, 3001 Leuven, Belgium, may collect, process, and use your personal data when you visit or use the website https://www.geoe3.eu. This Policy may be amended and/or updated at any time without notice. Therefore, the website visitor/user of the website is kindly requested to check periodically this page. By visiting and using this Website visitors/users acknowledge that they have read and understood this Policy.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- If you login to our website we will collect your username and password.
- If you communicate with us through the contact form, we will collect your name, email address, phone and any other personal data included in the relevant message field.
- If you submit a request to our Help Desk, we will collect your name, email address, affiliation, and any other personal data included in the relevant message field.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we will collect your email address. You will be able to be deleted from the newsletter anytime.
- During your visit to our website certain technical and statistical data may be automatically collected through the cookies placed on our website. For more information, please see the relevant Cookies policy below.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide the website https://www.geoe3.eu to you;
- To help us improve the website and fix any technical problems;
- To enforce our legal rights and
- To comply with any legal requirements to which we are subject.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Υour consent in relation to the personal data collected:
i) from cookies,
ii) during your subscription to the newsletter service,
iii) during your communication through the contact form;
- Τhe legitimate interests of OGC
- Compliance of OGC to a legal obligation it may be subject to.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA
The personal data of the visitors/users of the website are processed by the authorized representatives of OGC to communicate with you and may be shared with the other partners of the GeoE3 project. Your data may be shared with our service providers who perform services on our behalf (e.g. we use MailChimp service to process email newsletters). In addition, OGC may also share your personal data in case you have requested it to do so or in case it is lawfully requested to do so.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected. Your personal data may be kept for a longer retention period where it is required or permitted by law.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If the GeoE3 partner to which your personal data may be transferred is located outside EEA, we will ensure that your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected.
YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights:
- To access your personal data that we hold
- To amend or delete your personal data
- To restrict our processing of your personal data
- To send your personal data to another service provider (data portability)
- To object to the processing of your personal data
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the use of your personal data or you would like to exercise your rights, you can send us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small text file that the website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit it. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our website as smooth as possible. Certain cookies are technically necessary in order for the website to operate properly. Other cookies are used for obtaining statistics or facilitating your interaction with social networks. Cookies are further distinguished in “Session Cookies” and “Persistent Cookies” depending on the time they remain stored on your device. The cookies used by this website are mainly the following:
- _ga: Google Analytics (Google.com)
- __widgetsettings: Embedded Tweets< (Twitter.com)/li>
- i/jot/syndication: Used by social sharing platform (Twitter.com)
- local_storage_support_test: The cookie is used in context with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the web site to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures. (Twitter.com)